Job Title: Community Manager
Reports to: XRAY Board of Directors
XRAY.FM is seeking a vibrant and engaging individual to join the team as a Community Manager. The Community Manager (CM) will help shape the way XRAY connects with our community, providing a vital connection to those we serve in three main ways: volunteer coordination and appreciation, communications, and community outreach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate volunteers: The CM will support station operations through coordination of on and off air volunteers as well as developing and managing volunteer management systems.
- Develop and maintain policies and systems for volunteer coordination and management.
- Support the staff team in establishing needed volunteer roles and developing training, as needed.
- Schedule and facilitate regular volunteer orientations.
- Connect/match volunteers to roles, tasks, and projects in general station operations.
- Communicate regularly with the volunteer community through email newsletters and other communication vehicles including email, social media, and phone calls.
- Directly manage community outreach, and marketing/communications volunteers.
- Track volunteer documentation and participation in a centralized data system.
- Develop and implement formal and informal recognition practices and coordinate appreciation events.
- Develop and implement evaluation processes to assess volunteer experiences through formal and informal methods.
- Shape our brand: Work with staff and board to develop, define, and communicate the XRAY brand, including overseeing XRAY’s active social/digital presence.
- Coordinate internal and external communications to expand awareness of XRAY and to grow the listening community.
- Develop messaging and promote station happenings, XRAY programs (like XRAY in the Morning), and programming events through internal and external communications vehicles.
- Develop messaging during fund drives, in partnership with the Development Manager.
- Pursue and respond to media inquiries about XRAY.
- Actively moderate and encourage engagement through XRAY’s Slack channels.
- Develop metrics, collect data, and monitor media to report regularly to staff and the board.
- Community Outreach
- Coordinate XRAY’s presence at community events, in partnership with the staff and volunteers.
- Connect partners and contacts with opportunities to join on air programming on the Morning Show or special programming days.
- Serve as one of XRAY’s ambassadors to other community institutions.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend, coordinate, and facilitate team and station meetings, as requested.
- Develop goals with quantifiable metrics and regular updates on progress in areas of responsibility.
- Assess community/listener base for demographics and interests
- Passion for connecting with people and forging strong interpersonal relationships.
- Approach work with a focus on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice (DEIJ).
- Comfort working with large and diverse groups of people and encouraging volunteer leadership and input
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on building people up and giving people the tools for their success in a volunteer role.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to adapt to differing communication styles in a large community
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
*Experience can be gained in formal work experience and informal life or volunteer experience
- Experience working with volunteer programs in a leadership capacity
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Training in active listening and DEIJ
- Experience with clear and direct communication through a variety of platforms and/or methods
- Familiarity & Proficiency with the nuances of social media communication and creating an engaged audience (specifically Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- Familiarity with CRM platforms and relationship management generally
- This position is an exempt position (not eligible for overtime pay)
- This position is classified as the following:
- Senior Level Manager
Compensation & Benefits
Annual salary of $40,000 – $45,000 DOE
Health care reimbursement plan
Sunday, August 1st
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.