Job Title: Finance & Administrative Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Schedule: 20-25 hrs/week with possibility for additional hours
About the role
This role is a mix of finance, HR, and general admin support, with duties including:
- Accounts Payable: Ensure that bills are paid in a timely manner
- Accounts Receivable:
- Generate invoices
- Track receipt of paid pledges
- Follow up on late and missed payments
- Collaborate with development staff to code deposits to appropriate categories + classes
- Support sponsorship department with sponsor account management, including projecting revenue
- With Bookkeeper, review monthly reconciliations and confirm correct coding of all transactions.
- Manage allocation of expenses and revenue across programs, fundraising, and administration.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Administrate monthly payroll (we use Paychex).
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports (P&L, balance sheet, cashflow projections, budget vs. actuals).
- Lead annual budgeting process.
- Assist Treasurer with annual 990 filing.
- Prepare and issue 1099s and W2s.
Administration + HR
- Pick up and process mail.
- Coordinate renewal of annual registrations and insurance policies.
- Assist with planning and execution of bimonthly staff meetings and annual staff retreat.
- Maintain the organizational calendar.
- Administrate organization’s email domain.
- Administrate HR software (Paychex), including onboarding new employees and tracking PTO requests.
- Coordinate and assist with annual employee performance reviews
- Oversee the occasional hiring process and onboarding of new team members.
- Maintain HR and Employee files.
Desired skills and experience
- Dedication to organizational mission and values and understanding of the importance of independent, not-for-profit media.
- Intermediate to advanced Quickbooks skills. Prior experience with nonprofit bookkeeping, budgeting, and financial management is required.
- Knowledge of human resources laws, regulations, and practices. We have a consultant we call on for uncommon and more complicated stuff, but we need the person in this role to have a grasp of at least the basics.
- Aptitude for project management, including managing multiple deadlines at once.
- Strong organizational abilities, including the ability to maintain organization and composure in a sometimes chaotic and dynamic environment.
- Experience working with diverse communities, including communities of color.
- Commitment to building and maintaining an anti-racist and anti-sexist organizational culture.
- Sense of humor is good (and potentially necessary for survival).
Compensation and benefits
Hourly pay rate of $17-$21/hour, depending on experience. Potential for this to grow into a full time position over time. Employees also receive PTO, access to OregonSaves retirement savings program, and free tickets to concerts and other events put on by organizational partners.
How to apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter highlighting your relevant skills and experience to email@example.com.
Please name all files in the following format:
Cover letters and resumes which do not follow this format will not be considered.
Initial review of applications will begin on January 8, 2021, and applications submitted after that date will be reviewed until position is filled.
**We are currently also looking for expanded capacity in sponsorship sales and account management, and would consider bringing someone on in a full-time capacity if they possessed the skills and qualifications necessary for those duties in addition to those required for the Finance + Administrative Manager. Please indicate in your cover letter if you have an interest in exploring whether the sponsorship sales duties might also be a fit for you.**
XRAY.FM is a purpose-driven media organization. We aim to create a culturally relevant center for ideas, music, and creativity in service of a more open media and a more just community. We’ve been broadcasting an eclectic mix of music and talk content on 91.1 and 107.1 FM in Portland since 2014. In 2018 our media family expanded with the launch of partner services KNUM 96.7 FM “The Numberz”, with radio programming made by and for Black Portland; KUIK AM 1360, which broadcasts talk and podcasts across the Portland metro area; and the XRAY Podcast Network at http://www.xraypod.com. We’ve been honored to be named Best of Portland for 5 years running (2015-2019), and are working hard to deserve that title.