XRAY.FM is looking to bring on a new Production Intern for their morning drive-time progressive talk show, XRAY In The Morning!
Production Interns play an essential role in building and running the morning show for at least two days each week. This intern is expected to commit to ~20 hours per week working at the XRAY.FM studios and remotely. The position is designed to last for six months and is unpaid.
Who should you be?
– Driven to help make our radio show the best in the city
– Experienced with working in diverse communities
– A strong communicator, gifted at collaborating within a team
– A strong writer, capable of communicating complex information in a clear and concise written voice
– Passionate about bringing accurate news to a listening audience
– Politically engaged
– Well-informed about current events and aware of the current social and political landscape
– Experience using G Suite applications, audio editing software and team communication apps
What will this position entail?
– Approximately 20 hours of work per week, divided between the XRAY FM facilities in Northeast Portland and remote work
– Preparing guest interviews
– Preparing news content to be read over the air
– Learning how to use the sound board to engineer the show and edit audio in post production
– Contacting and booking guests
– Attending production meetings at the XRAY.FM office
– Helping maintain show documents, like show templates, past guest list and the show calendar
– Learning about XRAY In The Morning and XRAY.FM generally, building relationships with other members of the morning show team
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and “Production Internship Application” in the subject line. Please let us know how you found out about the position and include your first and last name in every document title. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.