Dear XRAY community,
Thank you so much for your support in 2017! We have so much to be grateful for this year, and it’s all thanks to the amazing XRAY family of 100+ DJs and show hosts; 200+ volunteers and community partners; 1,500+ members, donors, and sponsors; our hard-working staff and board; and our millions (ok, probably not millions 😉) of wonderful listeners. Here are a handful of thank you’s and shout outs for the people and accomplishments we’re grateful for this year:
- All-star volunteers. From board operators and audio editors (Dique, Larissa, Brad, Galen, Jimmy, Morgan, Colin, Caitlin, Jed, Ruth, Amalia, Miguel) to graphic design and marketing (Mehran, Tony, Kyle, Piper, Ashley, Eirinn, Megan) to every DJ on our schedule (!), everything we do is driven by folks with a passion for our mission. Special thanks go out to the ReBuilding Center and Devon, Brandon, Casey, and Bob for completing construction on our brand new production studio.
- Growing sponsor community. You’ve probably heard us thank new sponsors on the air lately, like Back to Eden Bakery, Trailhead Credit Union, and Doug Fir Lounge. We also received grants from Mt. Hood Cable Regulatory Commission, Meyer Memorial Trust, and Newman’s Own Foundation. Please help us show appreciation for the businesses that make XRAY’s work possible – visit xray.fm/partners for the full list.
- Dedicated staff team. Our office is bursting at the seams with new faces this year, as we’ve welcomed Maria, Peter, Keiren, Will, Scott, Annie, and (office dog) Opal into the XRAY fam. We’re eternally thankful for XRAY alumnae who remain part of the community, including Jené, Diana, Chelsey, Dannon, Arthur, Aaron, and Amy.
- Growth in local content. Thanks to an amazing crew of early risers (Emily, Caitlin, Belinda, Jason T, Jason L, Matt, Jon, Keera & Kira, Shari, Nick, Lindsey, Amalia, Miguel, and more), XRAY in the Morning featured hundreds of guests. Local leaders of color Joseph, Zahir, and others led a Juneteenth Teach-In to educate about the continuing impacts of racism in our town. Special thanks to Chase, Will, Julia, Colin, and Devon XRAY is the new home for live broadcasts of City Club Friday Forum. We even helped relocate Thom Hartmann to Portland, with XRAY’s own Dave & Arthur leading the studio build.
- Launch of new channels. Devin, Melina, Aaron, Joe, and Lara supported local filmmakers in creating eight original series for XRAY TV. Thanks also to Open Signal for providing equipment and training, and airing the content on their POP 29 public access channel. Kudos to Susan and the crew for launching KXRW in Vancouver. And to Grapevine Outdoor for the Featured Artist billboard partnership. And last but not least, to Chase and the crew for working on the new XRAY App.
Thank you for supporting all of these achievements and more in 2017. We can’t wait to show you what we have in store in the new year.
With gratitude and holiday cheer,